This project is read-only.

about your blog

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:12 PM

This is a serious question : Is your blog a joke or something like a trolling contest ?

You seems totally out of reality. You are imagining all kind of conflicts between Graeme, Guillaume, Cédric (Oh yes, By the way, in your posts, the minimum of respect is not to name people only with their last name like "Rocher", "Laforge"). I'm working in a real company which is making a real use of Groovy, and all the members of the community are very commited and help us.

We can' comment on your blog posst, so why don't you share your feelings on the mailing list so that we can have some kind of discussion.

I really don't understand your behaviour and you seem to be very alone sharing these opinions.

Seb

Aug 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

No answer ? Come on Gavin , grow a pair and have some fun with us. Posting on the mailing list just to post your signature or trolling on stack overflow should have been funny if you were 16  but you are now a mature man, no?

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Sorry for the late reply but I hadn't set the email notification...

You seems totally out of reality. You are imagining all kind of conflicts between Graeme, Guillaume, Cédric

Don't bring Champeau into this. He's got a long road to travel before approaching anywhere near the treachery of Rocher and Laforge.

the minimum of respect is not to name people only with their last name like "Rocher", "Laforge"

Sounds OK to me. Use given names when talking TO people, use surnames when talking ABOUT them.

I'm working in a real company which is making a real use of Groovy, and all the members of the community are very commited and help us.

How much are you paying them? Or are you doing free coding for them, having signed the onerous VMWare contributors agreement?

We can' comment on your blog posst, so why don't you share your feelings on the mailing list so that we can have some kind of discussion.

Each page of blog posts has a comment form at the bottom, but it's probably better to comment here because I've now got the email notifications set up correctly. That doesn't mean I'm gonna reply to anything inappropriate.

I really don't understand your behaviour and you seem to be very alone sharing these opinions.

You mean I'm very alone in not just walking away and joining another ecosystem, like most victims do?

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM

No answer ? Come on Gavin , grow a pair and have some fun with us.

Take off your mask. Because of past behavior from Groovy/Grails despots, using a real name with real photo and naming this real company you work for will go a long way towards being taken seriously.

Posting on the mailing list just to post your signature or trolling on stack overflow should have been funny if you were 16  but you are now a mature man, no?

Sure youre not projecting your own motives for doing things onto other people when you write "just to post your signature" and "trolling"? If you've been nudged by someone else to post here, you should ask what their motive is.

Aug 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Hi Gavin,

I'm the puppet of no one. I have no (Professional) connection with SpringSource/VMWare, except the community. You want my real name : Sébastien Blanc, search my name on google with keyword grails for example and you will also get a photo.

If you check my linkedin profile you will also discover for which company/client  I'm working for currently and you will see it is not a small startup, and we don't pay VMWare to use Groovy.

And still don't understand your point of view. 

Sep 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM
sebi2706 wrote:

Hi Gavin,

I'm the puppet of no one. I have no (Professional) connection with SpringSource/VMWare, except the community. You want my real name : Sébastien Blanc, search my name on google with keyword grails for example and you will also get a photo.

If you check my linkedin profile you will also discover for which company/client  I'm working for currently and you will see it is not a small startup, and we don't pay VMWare to use Groovy.

And still don't understand your point of view. 

I notice youre a speaker at this October's SpringOne2GX (http://www.springone2gx.com/conference/washington/2012/10/speakers). That website says all speakers need to sign a contract with VMWare which they send you if accepted. Are you even allowed to say what's in that contract or is there a clause saying you're not allowed to disclose the contract's contents? You write you don't pay VMWare to use Groovy, but you will pay in some way when you sign their contracts.

You won't get much more than something for your CV because your real purpose at these things is to prop up some other speaker who controls the speaker schedule.