Groovy Language User Group

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Edited Aug 17, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Since there's some demand (e.g. "Seb"), I'm starting an online Groovy Language User Group, called a GLUG, to discuss Groovy but treating Grales as subservient to it not equal to it like with the Codehaus/VMWare-sponsered ones (http://groovy.codehaus.org/User+Groups), most of which seem to have fallen into disuse, only the London one showing any online evidence of having held a meeting anytime this year. 

They called their ones G-GUG's, with Groovy and Grales equal: sounds like a stuttering fool trying to get something done in Grales. GLUG has the supremacy on the Groovy Language, apps like Grales and Gradle subservient to it: sounds like a coding supremo glugging down his drink from a JUG.

The Codehaus cartel created hundreds of dud usernames and posted stuff on their own mailing back in 2005 onwards to give the appearance of "buzz", but I guarantee I won't be posting from any sockpuppets on this GLUG: I don't care if there's nothing here for a while, although this Codeplex-hosted discussion can get as long as necessary.